The Book You wish Your Parents Had Read
This product is currently sold out.
This is the first parenting book that has ever truly gripped me. Absorbing, clever and funny in equal measure renowned physchotherpist Philippa Perry shines a light on her view of parenting that crucially covers your own experience of being parented. There isn't a perfect plan - more like a bigger picture that is made of up equally important elements that lead to a good parent-child relationship. Judgement free this is the parenting book that we have decided to champion at Olive Loves Alfie.
If you are looking for a thoughtful and non judgemental present for new parents or parents already on their journey this would make a perfect gift.
Full of sage and sane advice, this is the book that every parent will want to read and every child will wish their parents had.
- understand how your own upbringing may affect your parenting
- accept that you will make mistakes and learn what you can do about them
- break negative cycles and patterns
- handle your own and your child's feelings
- understand what different behaviours communicate